We have all heard the advice to eat properly to have an extended and healthy life, but what are the greatest foods that help us attain that objective? This blog provides information on some of the healthiest and most nutritious foods.
1. Almonds – Almonds are the ideal snack as they are high in fiber, protein, and fats that are healthy for your heart. They may also assist you in living a longer life. A study released in a weekly medical journal ‘The New England Journal of Medicine reveals that people who consume nuts in large quantities have a reduced risk of dying due to any conditions, including cancer, diseases relating to the heart, as well as lung diseases.
2. Avocados – This food is more than just a stylish topping that is put on toast. Avocados contain monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats which are capable of keeping healthy cholesterol levels, thus preventing heart disease. These good fats also help you consume less food since they make you feel satiated for longer.
3. Raw, Leafy Green Vegetables – These are considered to be one of the healthiest foods in the world. These include spinach, kale, collard greens, mustard greens, romaine lettuce, and more. You should consider including these leafy green vegetables in your diet as they will fight disease-causing inflammation as well as heart disease. Studies reported that people who consumed a minimum of one portion of leafy green veggies per day had an 8% lower risk of all kinds of cancer, and another research found that the similar consumption was connected to a 15.8% lower risk of heart disease, which is the main cause of death in adults in the United States.
4. Oatmeal – This grain is rich in fibre, as it is carb-heavy people tend to keep them away. However, the fact is it can help manage cholesterol. Oats include beta-glucan, which has the potential to lower LDL cholesterol. As per a study published in the journal Food & Function, consuming oats that are full of beta-glucan in their complete form can help decrease LDL cholesterol levels in your blood, thereby reducing the chances of occurring all types of heart diseases.
5. Whole Grains – It has been proven that swapping refined white carbs like bread, rice, and more for complex carbohydrates like brown rice, barley, and wheat can help you reduce your weight. In addition to that, consuming whole grains can help you lead a long healthy life. According to a study published by the Harvard School of Public Health, those who consumed 70 grams of whole grains per day had a decreased chance of premature death than those who consumed little to no whole grains.
There are even more foods that are healthier than others, and many of which, according to a study, have a preventive impact against a variety of ailments. The foods listed here are some of the excellent foods you can try adding to your diet as part of your search for a joyful, healthy life.