Sequels

ChatEntertainmentBooksSequels

This topic has 3 voices, contains 3 replies, and was last updated by  gillythegill 797 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
November 29, 2011 at 12:23 pm #7628

phanatic

I see the last two books of the week on NMTBP ahve been ‘sequels’ written at least a hundred years after the alst original. Could be a rich vein for some authors. JAne Austen in particular ends each of her books with a proposla/wedding, so there’s endless scope there, though at 91 P.D. James (or should we call her Lady James?) had better get a move on!

November 29, 2011 at 12:26 pm #7629

inbox

agreed, though not a new phenomenon. In fact my favourite series like this is the Flashman series as the cad of Tom Brown’s Rigby school days rogesr his way around 19th century Europe, coming up smelling of roses even though he’s a coward. Great stuff!

January 16, 2012 at 9:53 pm #13660

phanatic

Having just watched The Mystery Of Edwin Drood it strikes me that it is ripe for a new kind of ending. Surely the only man who could solve the mystery is Sherlock Holmes himself?

January 25, 2012 at 9:21 pm #15813

gillythegill

I’ve just finished The House Of Silk, the Holmes sequel. Pretty good, though I don’t think Holmes lends himself to full length novels (very few of the originals were full length) as there’s not enough exposition showing Holmes’ great deductive powers.
I’ve now started Death Comes To Pemberley. I’ll keep you posted

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.