New Builds

ChatPropertyNew Builds

This topic has 4 voices, contains 5 replies, and was last updated by  gillythegill 839 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
November 23, 2011 at 9:29 pm #6368

blacknight

Amazing news tonight about the (lack of) affordable housinh new builds. No idea how my children will ever get on the housing ladder. Anyone else got adult kids still living at home?

December 1, 2011 at 8:23 pm #8264

KRuthers

I hear more and more about kids living at home still and about parents helping the kids to get on the property ladder through ‘gifting’ them money and also being clever about inheritance tax. The problems with housing combined with the younger generation not able to get decent jobs means that we’ll be working forever to support them. I thought it was supposed to be the other way round.

December 2, 2011 at 12:51 pm #8354

Fighting Fit

And that’s not to mention having to support aged parents at the same time! We’re known a sthe ‘sandwich’ generation, well and truly caught in a trap! I’m all for becoming a ski-ier ‘spending kids’ inheritance’!

December 8, 2011 at 8:54 pm #9062

gillythegill

Ha ha, good one. We plan to do that (well, some of it anyway!) Some good suggestions in the adventure threads on how to do it

December 11, 2011 at 4:35 pm #9354

KRuthers

Sorry to dampen the mood about spending the inheritance, but I think there are loads of us over 50s with attitude who are part of the ‘sandwich’ generation and have to take care of older parents which makes it really difficult to have fun and enjoy life - and the carers are predominantly women, I’m sure. Can Never Mind the Bus Pass thinks about campaigning for more support for carers!

December 14, 2011 at 4:07 pm #9885

gillythegill

yes, I agree with this. But what do you mean by ‘more support’? What exactly should NMTBP be campaigning for?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.