The European Champion Clubsâ€™ Cup began in 1955 with an entry of just 16 clubs, from 16 countries. Rebranded as the UEFA Champions League in 1992, the 2011-12 entry comprised 76 clubs from 52 nations. The Official UEFA Champions League Treasures is a celebration of a great competition which has become a staple of fans around the continent. As well as providing a brief running history of the European Cup and a season-by-season review of the Champions League, great clubs, and players are highlighted. The well-researched text is complemented by more than 180 photographs, bringing the stories to life and, a feature of ‘Carltonâ€™s Treasuresâ€™ series, more than 20 removable items of facsimile memorabilia. These faithful reproductions give football fans the chance to hold items such as letters, programme covers, media passes, posters and team-sheets from some of the famous, and infamous, events in the UEFA Champions League
In advance of this yearâ€™s Final on May 19 between Chelsea and Bayern Munich, NMTBP is giving you the chance to win a copy of The Official UEFA Champions League Treasures . You donâ€™t have to anything, except become a member if youâ€™re not one already. All members will be automatically entered into a draw to be held on May 16th. If youâ€™re not a member register here
Many thanks to our friends at the Carlton Publishing Group for donating this splendid prize. To see more of the books Carlton publish click here
- Unbreak your heart : 2 - What causes heart disease?
- Can you really get fit by exercising for 3 minutes a week?
- Unbreak your heart : 5 - Saturated fat
- Album of the week : Given To The WIld - The Maccabees
- Is your body in acid alkaline balance?
- Shiatsu - an ancient technique for the 21st century
- Surprising Superfoods - Avocados
- Classic Album covers : Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake - Small Faces
- Make old bones - look after your young(er) ones
- How to stop those unwanted marketing calls
- Make your holiday pounds go further
- Surprising Superfoods - Pineapples
- FactCheck: What was missing from the Queenâ€™s Speech and why
- ‘Must seeâ€™ movie : Albert Nobbs
- The 13 most common credit report myths
- How to start running
- Get ‘On The Roadâ€™ like Kerouac (but stay out of trouble)
- Understanding your blood pressure
- 10 ways to make your resume more relevant
- Regular jogging can add 6 years to your life