The draw of the distant and inhospitable peaks of this world is in my blood. My father Alex Lowe and now stepfather Conrad Anker have enough first accents, daring rescues, and cardinal accomplishments in the high mountains all over the world to outdo most anyone in the history of the climbing. For a young man
Got something interesting to say? Informative? Thought provoking? Funny? Don’t keep it to yourself - join Never Mind The Bus Pass’ Blog Roll and let the world know what you’re thinking. Join here
Editor’s Note: This is a post in the series, Simplicity in Action. Saida When you first become a parent you have no clue what you are doing. You read a ton of parenting books that confuse you with conflicting views but you do the best that you can. As your kids grow and develop minds of their
An article that claims that more than 50 per cent of Britons will be Muslim by 2050 has become an internet hit. Scaremongering or simple demographics? FactCheck finds out
It was a few hours after David Warner had taken a swing at Joe Root in a Birmingham bar, and Jeff Thomson was standing in a marquee full of people with a microphone in his hand. We were there to play six a side cricket, but the rain was coming down and
The gurgling water and steam served as a constant reminder that we were presently standing in the caldera of one of the world's largest super-volcanoes. Yikes!
Six exceptional individuals were honored last night at the National Geographic Society’s 125th Anniversary Gala celebration for their efforts to lead exploration, advance scientific understanding, conserve natural resources and expand knowledge of the world. At the sold-out event held at the National Building Museum in Washington, D.C., National Geographic Society CEO and Chairman John Fahey
Opposite Day. A day when no means yes, naptime is play time, and dessert comes before dinner. We celebrated Opposite Day once every year when I was in preschool: we wore our pajamas to class, greeted each other by saying goodbye, and circle time became square time. We tried to sing the ABCs backwards, and
Description: Glastonbury Festival has launched a Green Traveller initiative, providing discounts to festival goers who arrive by public transport or by bike. Glastonbury Festival, Pil
- Book of the week : The Daughters Of Mars - Thomas Keneally
- Apos therapy - can it save your knees?
- Album of the week : O' Be Joyful - Shovels & Rope
- HMRC demanding underpaid tax? You may not have to pay
- What the food industry could do for our health, but doesn’t
- Album of the year : Devotion - Jessie Ware
- Album of the week : Given To The WIld - The Maccabees
- Get back money you'd forgotten you had!
- It's never too late for......Horseback riding
- Unbreak your heart : 5 - Saturated fat
- Album of the week : Love Has Come For You - Steve Martin & Edie Brickell
- A new way to invest in property
- Is walking as beneficial as running?
- Enhance your festival experience
- Classic Album covers : Bat Out Of Hell - Meat Loaf
- Forget the cost of living, check out the cost of dying!
- Book of the week : May We Be Forgiven - A. M. Homes
- thinkThin, Think Coconut!
- West Kirby Beach | Free Days Out